A pair of chess board designed lamps with hammered and brushed metalwork depicting the checkerboard and playing pieces, set on wooden ebonised stepped base
These lamps were designed by The Rembrandt Light Company who started operations in Baltimore, Maryland in 1816 with high quality gas lamps. With the times they created heavier and more aesthetically pleasing lamps.
There is light marking to the bases.
Pair of Rembrandt designed Lamps 1950s
Base measurements are 13.5cms square.